Exciting job opportunity for a Senior Garment Technologist to work on women’s outerwear. You will be responsible for the development of garments from design through to production and customer delivery. The ideal candidate will be commercial and have an eye for detail and have experience in working within high street customers.
- Own and manage customer accounts, working from initial concept through to end delivery.
- Manage and train an assistant garment technologist.
- Ensure that procedures and standards are to company standards.
- Work closely with your customers and attend fit sessions and provide them with any technical support. Also fit garments for self-approving customers an provide comments.
- Relay fit comments back to overseas factories in the Far East along with any amendments and photos.
- Create technical specs.
- Ensure that quality and testing procedures are in place.
- Measure and check garments are to approved spec.
- Manage the sealing process.
- Check all samples for correct for quality including production.
- Request and check fabric and garment test reports.
- Able to construct appropriate wash care instructions.
- Manage approvals and risk assess all new orders.
- Able to grade and pattern amendment skills is a bonus.
- Work closely with design, sales and production teams.
- Update the technical manuals.
- Work to a critical path and attend weekly production meetings.
Must have experience in ladies outerwear. This position is based in London. If this position sounds interesting then please forward your CV.
We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.